Applying / Admission
Massage Therapy College of Manitoba – Admission Procedures
At the Massage Therapy College of Manitoba we receive applications from across Canada and the world. Careful consideration is given to each candidate with interviews granted to all who qualify. Since many of our classes do fill well in advance we encourage potential students to apply at least three to six months prior to their desired start date.
Before you submit your application, unless distance prohibits, we require you to attend a free informal tour and information session. At this time we provide an overview of the profession, discuss the program and our philosophy, and address any questions or concerns you may have. After your information session, which includes a tour of our college, we invite you to stay for a therapeutic massage in our student clinic.
If you decide to pursue a diploma at The Massage Therapy College of Manitoba, please include the following information with the application:
- Photo identification (such as drivers license or passport).
- A two page autobiography, discussing why you have chosen this field of study.
- All academic transcripts, including post secondary experience, if applicable.
- A personal letter of reference from someone who has known you for at least five years outlining your character.
- A letter of reference from a former employer or academic instructor.
- A medical certificate stating general health.
- A current Resume
- Birth Certificate or proof of Canadian residence or citizenship (passport).
All applicants must be 18 or older and have attained a high school diploma.
Mature student status (19 years or older) with life experience demonstrating responsibility, will also be considered.
Previous science classes such as Biology or Anatomy are not mandatory prerequisites but are highly recommended.
Once a completed application is received you will be contacted for an in-person interview. Remember, our class sizes are limited and we schedule interviews on a first-come first-served basis.
*NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR AUGUST 2017.